Are You Wondering About The Quality Management For Your Organization?
|Date Added: May 30, 2012 01:29:52 AM|
|Category: Business: Cooperatives|
The term quality management holds an important position in business sectors. It is not always about ‘good quality’ as we tend to think but more concerning the standard maintenance of a company and its product.
According to the core concept there are about four main components of managing quality.
1. Quality control
2. Quality improvement
3. Quality Assurance
4. Quality Planning
Quality management deals not just with product or service quality, but also cultivates different ways to achieve it. Quality assurance and other processes are used along with products to maintain a consistent excellence.
Quality management follows few management principles. Based on these, the top management of a firm can guide their organizations towards improved performance.
1) Companies depend on customers. They should understand the needs of the customer. So they can fulfill requirements and achieve customer expectations. An organization attracts the focus of the customer when people of the organization establish familiarity with every kind of clientele. After all, business cannot progress without satisfied customers.
2) People of every level in an organization can play the key role in its success. They should deeply involve themselves consequently their abilities will benefit the organization.
3) Good result can be achieved when actions and related resources are properly managed.
4)An organization's effectiveness and competence in achieving its quality objectives are contributed by identifying, understanding and managing all interrelated processes as a system.
5) An organization should always look to continuously improve to its overall performance.
6) Correct decisions are based on data analysis and information.
7) A company and its suppliers are dependent on each other; therefore, a relation must be established that benefits both parties.
Maintaining the quality management with International Standard Organization (ISO)
There are many ways to measure standard of quality. The most popular of them is recognition by International Standard Organization (ISO). ISO advisors are available who can be consulted on how to acquire ISO certificate. ISO documentation is not a one-time process.
Once obtained, it must be renewed after a certain time following inspection. If a company is not careful, it may loose its recognition. Loosing ISO certification can be very damaging for a company’s reputation.
How will you protect your organization from losing its recognition??
There are two ways to avoid these kinds of situation.
a) First you should be regular in consulting an ISO consultant who will keep an eye on the functioning of the organization. If there is any activity that averse to the idea o quality management, then he will alert the management and suggest steps to solve the problem.
b) Another solution can be sending your employees to undertake ISO programs. This will increase their understanding of quality management and reduce the chances of the company failing ISO inspection.
This on one hand reduces the cost of hiring outside help and on the other hand saves the business’s money from being wasted. Most organizations have begun to understand the value of quality management and they keen to make sure that they are not falling behind in that aspect.